Hello, this is my very first entry, so welcome! And Happy New Year! I know it’s late, but I am bringing it up because the decision to create this blog was one of my New Year’s resolutions. I think writing entries here will help me grow as a person (and as a writer!). I intend for this blog to serve as a space for me to reflect on the many experiences I am blessed with everyday. So first of all, let me share with you two other New Year’s resolutions: to become fit and to become consistently neat and organized. The former is a goal I have been trying to achieve for a while now. However, this time, I am confident that I will achieve it because I have recently fallen in love with cycling. I just bought my very first road bike and I intend to join the Bike Club of Irvine very soon. Maybe I will join the Saturday morning ride next week. I am very excited to hit the road and feel the breeze!
![]() |
| Biking to Santander! |
Even before I got into road biking, I have always loved to cycle. When I first moved to California, I did not have a car, so I biked to school every day during my first semester at Fullerton College. I would bike about 2.5 miles each way. It was a great experience that introduced me to bike commuting. This last Christmas break, I did my first decently long ride back in Cebu, Philippines(my home and where I grew up most of my life). I rode 66km from Moal Boal to Santander via the coastal highway. It was beautiful! I would compare it to a mini version of the PCH in California. Anyway, that ride is what got me. So now I love road biking! Yay!
My second resolution, to become organized consistently, was actually inspired by my 12 year old brother, Liam. While I was back in Cebu for the Holidays, I noticed how clean his room was. I was amazed by how serious he took order and cleanliness at his age! I asked myself: “If Liam can take care of himself, why can’t I?” So that’s how that went and now, I intend to keep my dorm room neat all the time!


I admire your resolve and your resolutions Mikko. Good luck with the blog, I will be watching you! Happy new (kinda late) year!
ReplyDeleteRafael