Wednesday, February 1, 2012

East West Bikes


So last Friday, a few hours after I wrote my last entry, I headed over to East West Bikes at downtown Fullerton for my bike fit. East West bikes is the bike store that used to be known as Banning’s bikes. It is the premier bike shop here in Fullerton. They sell higher end road bikes and gear. I arrived at the store a little before 11 am (which is when they open) and I had the privilege of working with Sally. Sally helped me choose my bib, shoes and pedals the last time I was in the shop.  She is incredibly nice and very patient. I learned so much about road biking, maintenance, rides, Team Velocity, routes, etc. We had a great time in the fit studio, talking while working. It was much fun!

Thank you Ash and Sally! You guys are awesome!
I also got to know Ash (he is the guy who is always behind the counter repairing bikes). He helped adjust my seat post (which was jammed because of Cannondale’s design). I did meet Ash once late last year when I visited the store with my roommate (his bike’s fork bent because he got hit by a car). I brought in my cello and the first thing Ash said was: “Is that a carbon case?”  haha. He also said that he loved classical music, and that he only listened to the classical station KUSC 91.5 during his commute (on bike).

After the fit was done, Sally even gave me one of her route slips (from Team Velocity), so that I would have a route to ride my new bike! Incredibly helpful! This experience got me a hundred times more excited about biking. In fact, as I left the store, I was simply ecstatic.

East West bikes is a great shop. They have great quality products and staff with lots of experience, patience, and a love for what they do! If any of you decides to get into road biking, I highly recommend this great bike shop. I know I will be going back!



No comments:

Post a Comment