At 8:00 am Sunday, I was riding my bike up Brea Canyon. The air was crisp, the sky was a clear blue and I was happy. Earlier that morning, I was debating with myself whether or not to go out and bike. I was very tired when I woke up, but I decided to go out and do it. I ended up biking 20 miles to Diamond bar and back, and after the ride (about 10am), I felt surprisingly energized! It was like I had drunk a cup of iced coffee, except with added shots of fresh air and adrenaline.
The ride towards Diamond Bar was mostly uphill, and I struggled. My endurance isn’t where it should be yet, but it will be soon! Even though the route was uphill, it was great. I rode past several small creeks and lots of trees. I also noticed many other cyclists. It was very nice to be able to greet each other with that wave of understanding: “I am a biker, you are a biker and we love what we are doing.” It felt so good to be on the road with people who loved being there.
On the way back, I took State College (which is a very steep downhill road). I rode up to about 40 mph, and it was thrilling! No rollercoaster could ever compare to the excitement of biking downhill, because of the inherent dangers present in downhill cycling.
As I rode past trees and creeks under the blue sky, I remember one of the thoughts that crossed my mind was: “Oh man, I am so lucky.”
| Love my new bike! |
| Creek near my dorm (taken on the way back) |
No comments:
Post a Comment