Sunday, February 12, 2012

My Trip to Laramie

I just got back from the very last show of The Laramie Project. I have been involved with this wonderful theater production since late last year and it is difficult to put into words what this has done for me as a person. Emotionally underscoring the show with my cello has helped me grow tremendously as a musician, and beyond that, The Laramie Project has really changed my life.

I am so grateful to have been a part of this wonderful journey. First of all, I had the honor of working with amazing artists and genuine people. Thank you Stephen John for letting me be a part of this and being an awesome Director. Thank you Joe and Greg (and also damn you Joe and Greg) for making me cry every night we did this show. Thank you Teddy and Ji Hye for being the most wonderful friends that you always have been for me. Thank you Jeff for being so damn funny. Thank you Meghan, Carly and Tiffany for all the love-filled hugs (i especially needed those today). Thank you Jill and Jesse for absolutely nailing that Alison and Marge scene. Thank you Jessica for the Love and Joy. Thank you Amanda for being a bad-ass with the power drill every time we striked the stage. Thank you Robert for the pictures. And Thank you Marla for having us at the Mysterium.

I am not good at goodbyes, i know this from experience. On the way back home, along the 57,  I couldn't help but cry. It's tough saying goodbye to the family I found in this cast. I enjoyed every moment, especially the times when i found myself both laughing and crying. When that happens, you just know you're alive and doing something good with your life.

Thank you guys, for reminding me why we are in the arts. It was so great to be surrounded by people who love what they do. And that is what it is all about: Love, Love, Love. I hope to work with you again in the future!

We dealt with what is true, we said it correct.

Thank you guys,
Mikko

Bye Laramie!

No comments:

Post a Comment